Who doesn’t love a good homemade grilled cheese sandwich. It is one of those meals that always just hits the spot when you need it. It is like a little slice of childhood and comfort. BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese is just taking that classic grilled cheese and taking it up a notch. Make your BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese on my homemade sandwich bread and it is to die for! Click here for Homemade Sandwich Bread. The chicken is perfect for so many other meals and makes amazing leftovers. Beyond just a grilled cheese we love it for Loaded Sweet Potatoes, check out my sweet potato recipe here.
More favorite chicken recipes: Pesto Almond Chicken, Creamy Blackened Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Pasta and Creamy Pesto Chicken.
My main goal is to create easy meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family. These days it seems like we are getting pulled in a thousand ways, except toward our homes and our dinner table. Dinner is the perfect time to take a deep breath and talk as a family, doesn’t matter if there are 2 of you or 10. I want to be able to help encourage you and provide doable meals that can help make this time happen.
More doable family meals: Sloppy Joe Pasta Casserole, Sheet Pan Dinner, Creamy Sausage Pasta and White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas.
- 3 medium size chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- sliced bread or my homemade sandwich bread
- sliced cheese of your choice, we like colby jack or pepper jack cheese
- Place chicken breasts, 1 cup BBQ sauce, 3 Tbsp Italian dressing seasoning, 2 tsp garlic powder and 2 tsp onion powder in crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Using two forks or a handheld mixer shred your chicken.
- Taking two slices of bread and buttering the outside of the bread. Place on skillet with butter side down on medium heat.
- Place slices of cheese on one side of the bread. Put the other slice of bread on top. Let cook for a few minutes and then flip.
- Carefully take the top piece of bread off and load your sandwich up with shredded BBQ chicken. Put top piece back on.
- Flip and let cook until cheese is melted.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
I suggest cooking your grilled cheese with just the cheese and then adding the chicken because this gives the cheese time to melt. It is also harder to flip the sandwich when it has the chicken on it.
Other Recipe Ideas
My Amazon Picks.
Click on photo to view on Amazon.