I love a good sauce. You always need extra sauce, am I right? A good creamy pesto sauce is where it is at for me. Pesto is just one of those ingredients that is always good. Creamy Pesto Chicken is a meal that delivers the flavor. It is all of 5 ingredients and takes so little time to make. It is the perfect meal for a night where nothing sounds good, and no one feels like cooking.
More easy dinner ideas: Buffalo Chicken Pasta, Sloppy Joe Pasta Casserole, Baked Taco Sheet Pan and Creamy Garlic Noodles.
My main goal is to create easy meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family. These days it seems like we are getting pulled in a thousand ways, except toward our homes and our dinner table. Dinner is the perfect time to take a deep breath and talk as a family, doesn’t matter if there are 2 of you or 10. I want to be able to help encourage you and provide doable meals that can help make this time happen.
Dinners that are always a hit: White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas, One Pot Chicken Parmesan, Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup and Almond Pesto Chicken.
- 2 medium size chicken breasts, cut each chicken breasts into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp flour or corn starch
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- In a medium size pot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts to hot oil. Salt and pepper chicken. Place lid on a let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and flip chicken add in 2 Tbsp minced garlic.
- Place lid back on and cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Once chicken is cooked remove it from pot and set aside.
- Leave any juice or small scraps from the chicken in the pot and add in 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup pesto.
- Mix in 1 Tbsp flour. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add chicken back in and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve it over pasta or rice.
You can use any type of milk that you have from 1% to whole milk. You also could dice up the chicken depending on how you plan to serve it.
I like cooking the chicken in a pot that has a lid, it helps keep the chicken moist. Although, you don’t have to do this.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other Recipe Ideas
Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
My Amazon picks.
Click on photo to view on Amazon.