This is hands down one of my all-time favorite dinners. The extra sauce for dipping, the crunch on the chicken, how easy it is to make, just all of it together makes it my absolute favorite. Also, the fact that my whole family loves Almond Pesto Chicken for dinner is just icing on the cake. It is only a few ingredients, and it doesn’t dirty every pot in the kitchen while whipping this together. I love an easy, healthy dinner that also makes fantastic leftovers.
My goal is to provide easy meals that we can enjoy, throughout the week, that aren’t stressful. I want to encourage everyone to get back to the dinner table enjoying meals as a family.
- 2 large chicken breasts or 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top (I use my cookie cooling rack). Spray wire rack with non-stick spray
- Using scissors cut your chicken into strips about two inches wide and 4 to 6 inches long.
- Place your chicken on your wire rack and set aside.
- In medium size bowl, mix 1/2 cup pesto and 1/2 cup mayo. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup almonds, 2 tsp parsley and 1 tsp garlic powder in a food processor or in a blender. Blend for about 10 seconds. You want a mixture of medium size almonds and finely chopped almonds.
- Using a spoon, cover each slice of chicken with your pesto mixture. Be sure to coat the top and sides of chicken. When I am coating the chicken, I am careful not let the spoon touch the raw chicken so that I can use the extra sauce for a dipping sauce later.
- Next, top your pesto covered chicken with your blended almonds, Cover the best you can. Using your hand press the almonds down into the pesto to hold the almonds in place.
- Place in oven and bake for 19-23 minutes, or until chicken reaches a temp of 165 degrees.
- Use your extra sauce for dipping! Enjoy!
When I am coating the chicken with the pesto mixture, I am careful not touch the spoon to the raw chicken. This way I can use the extra sauce for dipping later.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other Recipe Ideas
My Amazon picks:
Click on the photo to view on Amazon.