Love pasta? Love sloppy joe’s? Love easy dinners? Then you are going to LOVE this dinner. It’s a family favorite for us and my go to meal when doing a meal train. It is our absolute favorite with my Homemade French Bread. Click here for recipe.
Tip on cooking your corn: once your pasta is almost cooked, about 5 minutes before it’s finished cooking, pour frozen corn in. Let it cook until it reaches a boil again and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then strain your pasta and corn as usual! So easy and since it all will be tossed together in the end this is an easy way to save on dishes and time.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick.
- 1 16 ounce package of penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Half bell pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/8 cup mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by cooking pasta according to packaging directions.
- Cook 1 lb ground beef and a half diced bell pepper. Seasoning with 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder.
- When your pasta is about 5 minutes from being finished cooking add in 1 cup frozen corn to pasta. Let it return to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes then strain pasta and corn. Pour back into cooking pot.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked and your bell pepper is soft add in 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and 1/8 cup mustard. Give a good stir and then add in 1 can diced tomatoes.
- Pour ground beef mixture into pasta and corn. Stir around so all ingredients are fully mixed.
- Pour into a 9×13 baking dish. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! Serve with my Homemade French Bread, you won’t regret it!
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick