Switching from store bought bread to homemade bread has been one of my biggest accomplishments in the kitchen. From fine tuning a recipe we all loved, to making sure I always have stash, it was a feat for me but now it’s second nature.
This recipe is highly inspired by millhornfarmsteads recipe. I started with hers and then changed it from there for our liking. I truly think I have finally found the perfect recipe for me and my family.
When the house is filled with the smell of homemade bread it brings a smile to my face. It’s relaxing and comforting.
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups and 1 Tbsp white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- Mix 1 1/3 cup warm water, 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil and 3 Tbsp honey in microwave safe bowl.
- Place into microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour water, coconut oil, honey mix into bread machine
- Add in 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cup and 1 Tbsp white flour, 1 tsp salt.
- In center of flour make a small indent like you would to mashed potatoes for gravy. Place 2 1/4 tsp yeast into indent. See above photo.
- Turn bread machine onto whole wheat setting.
- A few hours later and bam you have homemade bread!
Let me know you made this on Instagram by tagging me @plantpraypick