Switching from store bought bread to homemade bread has been one of my biggest accomplishments in the kitchen. From fine tuning a recipe we all loved, to making sure I always have stash, it was a feat for me but now it’s second nature.
This recipe is highly inspired by millhornfarmsteads recipe. I started with hers and then changed it from there for our liking. I truly think I have finally found the perfect recipe for me and my family.
When the house is filled with the smell of homemade bread it brings a smile to my face. It’s relaxing and comforting.
One tip to get your bread nicely out of the bread pan is take a butter knife and slide it between the bread and the pan on all four sides. Tip the bread pan upside down and shake letting the bread fall out.
Instead of using water you can use pretty much any liquid. Feel free to sub out the water with any type of milk, cow or pant based.
If you love bread like I do check out some of my other bread recipes!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! It honestly brings me so much joy to hear from you and to see my recipes in your kitchens!
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups and 1 Tbsp white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- Mix 1 1/3 cup warm water, 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil and 3 Tbsp honey in microwave safe bowl.
- Place into microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour water, coconut oil, honey mix into bread machine
- Add in 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cup and 1 Tbsp white flour, 1 tsp salt.
- In center of flour make a small indent like you would to mashed potatoes for gravy. Place 2 1/4 tsp yeast into indent. See above photo.
- Turn bread machine onto whole wheat setting.
- A few hours later and bam you have homemade bread!
- Complete steps 1 and 2 above.
- In a stand mixer add in 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cup and 1 Tbsp white flour, 1 tsp salt and 2 1/4 tsp yeast. It can be bread machine yeast or active yeast.
- Place your dough hook on mixer and turn on. Slowly pour your wet ingredients into your dry. You want your dough to be pulling away from the side of the bowl. If it is very sticky add more flour if it is dry add in a little water.
- Once the dough is mixed cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough and knead for a 2-4 minutes.
- Flour your bread pan and place dough into your bread pan and cover. Let rise for roughly 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes.
- Enjoy! One tip to get your bread nicely out of the bread pan is take a butter knife and slide it between the bread and the pan on all four sides.
Let me know you made this on Instagram by tagging me @plantpraypick