Fresh baked rolls… yum! Even better when you don’t have to completely destroy your kitchen and spend most your day baking them. These dinner rolls take less than 2 hours. They are fluffy, delicious and the perfect addition to any dinner.
Two reasons why I love these rolls: they are so easy, and they are so yummy! You can make them the day of or make a batch and throw them in the freezer. Pair these fluffy rolls with my Crockpot Beef Stew (click here for recipe) or Dutch Oven Chili (click here for recipe).
Once the dough has doubled in size, punch the dough down to 12-16 balls. Place them on a prepped baking sheet. I use a nonstick mat but parchment paper works great too. *I like my rolls a little on the larger size so I usually get 13 out of one batch.* Place baking sheet with your dough balls on it in the freezer for at least 1 hour. 2 hours is best. Once dough has frozen, take out of freezer and place your dough balls into a gallon ziplock bag and place back in freezer until you are ready to use them! When you are ready to use your prepped rolls remove desired amount of rolls from freezer and place them on a 9×13 prepped baking dish. *Prep dish by spraying with nonstick spray and then place parchment paper in pan and then spray parchment paper with nonstick spray.* Cover rolls with saran wrap and let them rise for 6-8 hours. Once they are nice and fluffy remove saran wrap. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 16-19 minutes. Option to brush them with butter!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 4 Tbsp soften butter (not melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups of white flour
- Start by warming your 1 1/2 cup of water in the microwave for 40 seconds. You want it warm not hot.
- Dissolve 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp yeast into warm water. Let stand for 5-7 minutes until foamy.
- In the meantime, in stand mixer with dough hook add 3 and 1/2 cups of flour and 1 1/2 tsp salt and mix.
- Slowly pour in your water yeast mix. Add in 4 Tbsp soften butter. Mix fully.
- Slowly add in 1/2 cup of flour at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. You want it nice and elastic but not sticky. If it’s too dry and crumbles slowly add in a little water at a time. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. If you are making these to put in the freezer for later, see directions above in freezer option.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray and then place parchment paper in pan and spray again.
- Once doubled in size punch down the dough to 12-16 balls and place in prepped pan. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once doubled in size bake for 16-19 minutes until tops are just golden brown. Careful to not over bake.
- Option to bush with melted butter if serving immediately.
6 thoughts on “|Pull Apart Dinner Rolls in Less Than 2 Hours|”