Fresh baked rolls… yum! Even better when you don’t have to completely destroy your kitchen and spend most your day baking them. These dinner rolls take less than 2 hours. They are fluffy, delicious and the perfect addition to any dinner.
Two reasons why I love these rolls: they are so easy and they are so yummy! You can make them the day of or make a batch and throw them in the freezer. Pair these fluffy rolls with my Crockpot Beef Stew or Dutch Oven Chili!
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 4 Tbsp soften butter (not melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups of white flour
- Start by warming your 1 1/2 cup of water in the microwave for 40 seconds. You want it warm not hot.
- Dissolve 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp yeast into warm water. Let stand for 5-7 minutes until foamy.
- In the meantime, in stand mixer with dough hook add 3 1/2 cups of flour and 1 1/2 tsp salt and mix.
- Slowly pour in your water yeast mix. Add in 4 Tbsp soften butter. Mix fully.
- Slowly add in flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. You want it nice and elastic but not sticky. If it’s too dry and crumbles slowly add in a little water at a time. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray and then place parchment paper in and spray again.
- Once doubled in size punch down the dough to 15 balls and place in prepped pan. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Once doubled in size bake for 16-19 minutes until tops are just golden brown. Careful to not over bake.
- Option to bush with melted butter if serving immediately. If freezing let cool fully and place in gallon ziplock bag.
Let me know you made them on Instagram. Tag me @plantpraypick