You can always count me in when a recipe involves bread and cheese. Who can say no to Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks? You can make the dough homemade, or you can buy premade dough and make it that way, whichever way works best for you. Don’t stress yourself out trying to make the dough yourself! Either way, you need to be making Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks. Make them as a side for dinner or for an appetizer! I know it will be love at first bite.
Must make appetizers: Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce and Cranberry Jalapeno Dip.
My main goal is to create easy meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family. These days it seems like we are getting pulled in a thousand ways, except toward our homes and our dinner table. Dinner is the perfect time to take a deep breath and talk as a family, doesn’t matter if there are 2 of you or 10. I want to be able to help encourage you and provide doable meals that can help make this time happen.
Dinners that need to be on repeat: Sloppy Joe Casserole, Thai Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk, Almond Pesto Chicken and Beef Stew.
For the dough it makes enough to make two sheet pans of bread sticks *If you want to only make one sheet pan of cheesy bread, when you split the dough into two make one into French Bread. Click here for my French Bread Recipe*
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 6 cups of white flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
Store bought dough buy two pounds of dough. Pizza dough works perfect.
For cheesy topping (this is enough for two loaves of bread)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
*If you are using store bought dough jump down to step number 8.*
- Warm up water in microwave for 40 seconds. You do not want the water to be hot or it will kill your yeast.
- Add in sugar and yeast. Let the yeast bubble.
- While the yeast is bubbling in a large mixing bowl (I use my kitchen aid with the dough hook) mix together flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is all bubbled up (about 5-7 minutes) pour water, sugar, yeast mix into the flour and salt mix. Mix for about 1 minute, or until the dough is pulling away from the sides of the bowl.
- Let dough double in size about 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Break dough into 2 parts.
- Roll them out into a rectangle shape, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place each on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl mix 4 Tbsp melted butter and 2 tsp garlic powder. Brush it over both shaped doughs.
- Split the cheese and top each with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp dried oregano and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Bake them separately for 12-15 minutes, or until dough is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Slice into strips using a pizza slicer and ENJOY!
Be sure when you roll out the dough that it is not too thick. If it is too thick it won’t bake evenly. Use plenty of cheese. Do not skimp here you want it extra cheesy!
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other recipe ideas:
My Amazon picks.
Click on photo to view on Amazon.