Good appetizers and good company, two of my favorite things. These Turkey Cheese Sliders are ones you have to save. I have made them for dinner and as an appetizer and they were a hit for both! It is the herbed mayo that really takes them up a notch. If you are looking to switch up your appetizer menu from the traditional dips, these are the perfect alternative. Friends and family will most definitely love you more for bringing these. I love to make my rolls homemade but store-bought work just as great, too! If you are thinking about making your own rolls, I want to encourage you to try it out!
More appetizers we love: Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks and Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
My main goal is to create easy meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family. These days it seems like we are getting pulled in a thousand ways, except toward our homes and our dinner table. Dinner is the perfect time to take a deep breath and talk as a family, doesn’t matter if there are 2 of you or 10. I want to be able to help encourage you and provide doable meals that can help make this time happen.
Meals to put on repeat: One Pot Chicken Parmesan, Almond Pesto Chicken, Creamy Ranch Chicken and Creamy Garlic Noodles.
For the rolls:
*If you are buying a pack of premade rolls, buy a pack of 12. Jump down to “making the sliders”.
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 4 Tbsp soften butter (not melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups of white flour
For the sliders
- 1 pack of turkey lunch meat
- 2 cups shredded cheese; I use Mexican blend
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mustard
For making rolls:
- Start by warming your 1 1/2 cup of water in the microwave for 40 seconds. You want it warm not hot.
- Dissolve 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp yeast into warm water. Let stand for 5-7 minutes until foamy.
- In the meantime, in stand mixer with dough hook add 3 1/2 cups of flour and 1 1/2 tsp salt and mix.
- Slowly pour in your water yeast mix. Add in 4 Tbsp soften butter. Mix fully.
- Slowly add in flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. You want it nice and elastic but not sticky. If it’s too dry and crumbles slowly add in a little water at a time. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray and then place parchment paper in pan and spray again.
- Once doubled in size punch down the dough to 12-16 balls. Only place 12 in prepped pan. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes. With the extra dough you can make them into balls and place on a plate and plac
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once doubled in size bake for 16-19 minutes until tops are just golden brown. Careful to not over bake.
- Let cool.
For making the sliders:
- Using a serrated knife slice the rolls in half to make a top and bottom like a sandwich. Don’t pull the rolls individually apart.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepped dish. You want to assemble these in the dish because it is too hard to move them once they are loaded up with the meat and cheese.
- Start by making your herbed mayo. In a medium size bowl mix 1/2 cup mayo, 1 Tbsp dried dill, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 Tbsp dried chives, 1/2 tbsp dried parsley, 1 tsp paprika and 2 tsp lemon juice. Give it a good stir.
- Spread your herbed mayo on the inside of the rolls. Coating the inside of the bottom half of the rolls and the inside of the top half of the rolls.
- Do a layer of turkey and then a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat two more times. Ending with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Option to spread mustard on the inside of the top of the rolls.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter. Mix in 1 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the top on the rolls making them a sandwich, and brush the top of the rolls with your butter mix.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let slightly cool. Enjoy!
You can use whatever meat and cheese you prefer. I have made them with ham and Swiss cheese before, too, and they turned out great.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other recipe ideas
My Amazon picks.
Click on photo to view on Amazon.