As if we needed more reasons to love pizza.. here is another one! This pizza dough is the bomb! It’s easy to make, of course, and truly is the perfect dough. Honestly, I have never had better homemade pizza dough.
Making pizza has to be one of my favorite meals to do as a family. Growing up we did it with our dad and so it will forever hold a special spot in my heart. It’s perfect to do when having friends over or even just with your kids. You can personalize each pizza exactly how you want, and who doesn’t love a whole pizza to themselves?
This dough is so great because it is so forgiving. You essentially can’t mess it up. You can make it ready to bake the same day, store it in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze it for up to 3 months!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! I love hearing from you, it honestly brings me so much joy to see my recipes in your kitchens!
This recipe makes 4 to 5 pizzas.
*If you are wanting to freeze your dough, or some of your dough, divide it up into 4 or 5 sections. Taking parchment paper wrap each section of dough individually. Place wrapped dough into a gallon ziplock bag and store in freezer for up to 3 months. The parchment paper keeps the dough from sticking together. Once you are ready to use your dough, remove it from the freezer in the morning and let thaw throughout the day. Once it is thawed you can roll it out, it’s ready for pizza toppings and then to be baked!
- 3 Tbsps active dry yeast
- 5 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 10-12 cups white flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add 5 cups warm water, 3 Tbsps yeast, 2 Tbsps olive oil and 2 Tbsps sugar. Let sit for about 5 minutes until it is nice and bubbly.
- Once it is nice a bubbly, using your dough hook, add in 5 cups of flour and 1 Tbsp salt. Slowly start to mix. Add in 1 cup of flour at a time until reaching a total of 10 cups.
- You want your dough to be pulling away from the sides of your bowl. If it is still very sticky add a half cup flour at a time. If you over do it with flour and it becomes crumbly add in a Tbsp of water until if firms back up. I always use all 12 cups of flour.
- Cover and let rise 40 to 60 minutes.
- If you are using a pan preheat oven to 420 degrees. If you are using a pizza stone preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Once the dough has risen, separate it into 4 or 5 separate sections. Here is where you can store it in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze it for up to 3 months. *See above for directions on how to freeze it.*
- On a floured surface roll your dough out to about at 1/4 inch thick. You don’t want it too thick here. You can roll the sides up to create a crust if you wish.
- Place your dough onto your baking sheet or pizza pan and top with your favorite pizza toppings!
- Bake for 18-20 minutes!
Let me know you made these by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick