Crockpot Beef Stew
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
People say that once Fall hits they bring out their crockpot. For me, I use it all year round! It’s like having someone cook at your house all day and its ready by the time you get home. Why would you limit that to one season? I love being able to throw everything into it in the morning and have it all be ready by evening.
Every year my husband and I have a garden. It seems every year our garden gets bigger and bigger. Probably because my husband keeps building more and more garden boxes. This year we had an abundance of carrots and red potatoes. They have so much more flavor than store bought so I love throwing them into the crockpot for soups.
I love this recipe because it is simple, easy and we always have these ingredients around the house. Plus, it makes great leftovers and who doesn’t love leftovers.
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ground beef and season ground beef with garlic powder, ground red pepper and basil.
- Add chicken broth, beef broth and water to crockpot.
- Chop carrots, red potatoes, onion and celery.
- Add carrots, red potatoes, celery, onion and frozen corn to crockpot.
- Add in can of diced tomatoes.
- When ground beef is done cooking strain out grease and add to crockpot.
- Add in oregano, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Stir and cook on low for 6-8 hours
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick
My Amazon picks.
Click photo to view on Amazon.