Who else can get down on some chicken nuggets? I decided I needed something that felt a little less guilty and that is how “Healthy-ish Parmesan Chicken Nuggets” came about. But what is a good chicken nugget without some awesome dipping sauce? Honey mustard is where it is at. It takes all of 2 minutes to throw together the sauce and it is the best part of the whole meal. I always make extra sauce because everyone needs extra sauce always! This recipe can be whatever you want it to be. Is it dinner? Is it an appetizer? It can be both! It is a great option to bring to a party. It is the perfect finger food.
Extra “saucy” go to dinners: Creamy Ranch Chicken and Almond Pesto Chicken.
I might sound like a broken record, but my main goal is to create easy meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family. These days it seems like we are getting pulled in a thousand ways, except toward our homes and our dinner table. Dinner is the perfect time to take a deep breath and talk as a family, doesn’t matter if there are 2 of you or 10. I want to be able to help encourage you and provide doable meals that can help make this time happen.
Fav dinners to enjoy as a family: Sloppy Joe Pasta Casserole, Coconut Chicken, Creamy Sausage Pasta, One Pot Chicken Parm Pasta and White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas.
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 cup almonds, blended finely
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top (I use my cookie cooling rack).
- Using scissors cut your chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a seperate bowl beat 2 eggs and 1 Tbsp water.
- Using a blender or food processor, pour in 1 cup of almonds, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp parsley. Give it a good blend until all the almonds are chopped up.
- Pour blended almonds into a bowl and add in 1 cup grated parmesan. Stir together until they are fully incorporated.
- Start by dipping your chicken peices into the egg mixture, then into the chopped almonds and then place on your wire rack. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking make your honey mustard dip. In a medium size bowl whisk together 1/3 cup honey (I melt my honey first to make this easier), 1/4 cup mustard, 1/4 cup mayo and 1 Tbsp vinegar.
- Once chicken is done baking, reaching a temp of 165 degrees, let slightly cool. You can either pour your honey mustard sauce over top or use as a side for dipping.
You can swap out almonds for bread crumbs. You also can leave out the parmesan cheese if you want to make it dariy free.
Before adding in the honey I like to melt it a little in the microwave. It is much easier to mix this way. I also like my almonds to be very blended so that it stays on the chicken nugget easier. If the almonds are too big they will have a hard time sticking to the chicken.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other recipe ideas
My Amazon picks.
Click on imagine to view on Amazon.