I am a sucker for a good appetizer. In fact, I think that is what I look forward to most, even more than the big holiday meals. Pretty much any dip I am game for. This dip is one of my favorites because it has a little spice to it, but over the cream cheese it keeps it nice and enjoyable! Not to mention it is totally festive looking!
If you are looking to make it a little spicier add some extra jalapenos. If you are using sliced jalapenos from a jar, I usually use about 7 or 8 slices. Make sure to test it along the way to get it just right. Remember it is going over cream cheese and that helps tame it down a bit. Also, for fun I like to use a festive cookie cutter and cut out my cream cheese into cute shapes, a snowman, mitten, tree ect.
If you are allergic to almonds or simply just don’t want to add them to this recipe you definitely don’t have to. We just love the little bit of crunch that it brings to this appetizer.
Cucumber and Cottage Cheese Appetizer
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice from 1/2 lime or 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Using a food processor or blender, blend together 1 cup cranberries, 1 tsp parsley, 1 jalapeno, 1/2 tsp salt, juice from 1/2 a lime. Blend together, you want it in between smooth and chunky. I blend it for about 45 seconds. You may need to scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Remove cranberry mix from your food processor or blender and add in a 1/2 cup almonds and blend for a few seconds.
- Taking your cream cheese cut it in half long ways to make two thinner pieces. Here you can use a festive cookie cutter to make your cream cheese a little more fun.
- Scoop your cranberry mix over top your cream cheese.
- Top with crushed almonds.