Here we go again with the one pot meals. One Pot Chicken Parmesan is stealing our hearts in our house! It has stollen mine with it being one pot and it stole my families because it is delicious. Oh, pair it with a side of Homemade French Bread, COME ON! So good! It is pretty hard to beat one pot meals in my opinion. You don’t have to destroy your kitchen making a meal you and your family will love.
More “one pot” meals we love: Creamy Sausage Pasta and Creamy Chicken Ranch.
Truly my whole goal of all my recipes is to bring us all back to our kitchens and back to our dinner tables. They don’t have to be these extravagant meals. We just need reasonable, doable and achievable meals to make that we can enjoy with the ones we love. In a crazy world let your dinner table be your home base to reconnect over laughs and good homecooked food.
More family favorite meals: Sloppy Joe Pasta Casserole, White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas, Thai Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk and Sheet Pan Dinner.
- 2 medium size chicken breasts, cut into bite size
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 16 oz or four cups penne style pasta
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven safe pot (I use my dutch oven), heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Using scissors, cut your chicken into bite size pieces, place chicken in olive oil and season with 1 tsp italian seasoning, 1 Tbsp garlic powder and 1 tsp onion powder.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through, set aside on a plate.
- Add in pasta sauce and 4 cups of water. Give it a stir and bring to a boil. Add in 4 cups of pasta and add chicken back in. Reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer until pasta is almost fully cooked, but not completely cooked.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl mix 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- Top your pasta with the breadcrumbs and place in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Just enough time to make the breadcrumbs a little toasted.
You can leave out the cheese and butter in order to make it dairy free! For the breadcrumb topping you can use crushed ritz crackers instead. Or you can use both breadcrumbs and crackers!
Use kitchen scissors to cut up your chicken. It makes it so incredible easy to make them bite size this way!
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other recipe ideas:
My Amazon picks.
Click on the photo to view on Amazon.