You had me at creamy. I go crazy for these Creamy Garlic Noodles. They make an awesome main dish or side dish. This recipe is super flexible. They are sure to steal the show, though. They pack a punch with flavor and bring all the comfort you could need. I mean who doesn’t love a good pasta dish? Scroll to the bottom and check out “other recipes” for more “steal your heart” pasta dishes. Bookmark this recipe for the perfect summer BBQ side dish. You can never have too many great pasta dishes in your cookbook!
The Creamy Garlic Noodles are a perfect pair with: Blackened Chicken and Slopping Joes.
There are so many ways to change up this recipe. Adding cooked chicken to it or cooked sausage. You can even add in a vegetable like peas or broccoli. Save this one for later too, for summertime.
My favorite summertime side dishes: Sweet Potato Fires or Baked Red Potatoes.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups penne like pasta
- 1 cup parmesan, shredded or grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add in 4 tsp garlic powder. Give a good stir and add in 2 Tbsp butter.
- Once butter is melted add in 1/2 tsp pepper, 3 cups chicken stock and 2 cups penne pasta.
- Bring to a boil and cook noodles until they are almost finished cooking.
- Reduce heat and add 1 cup parmesan and 1 cup milk. Stir to fully coat all the pasta. Let simmer about 5 to 10 minutes, until all the cheese is melted and the pasta is finished cooking.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp parsley.
You can switch out garlic powder for minced garlic. Just let the garlic simmer in the olive oil a little longer before adding in the butter. You also can use whatever milk you prefer.
Make sure you do not cook your pasta all the way before adding in the milk and cheese. If your pasta is fully cooked at this point then it will become too soft as you let the cheese melt.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other recipe ideas:
My Amazon Picks:
Click on photo to view on Amazon.