Quick and Easy Made From Scratch Tomato Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Look no further. Finally a homemade tomato soup recipe that doesn’t take all day and doesn’t have a weird texture to it. Until perfecting this recipe I have not enjoyed homemade tomato soup. Something about the texture and lack of flavor has really turned me away from loving it.
This year we had SO many tomatoes just flowing from our garden. I told myself, I would finally lock down a tomato soup recipe that we loved! It took a few tries but I can honestly say that this is now my go to.
Straining it after blending is really the secret to making this soup the perfect texture. Remember to actually put a pot in the sink before straining. I can’t tell you how many times I just start straining only to realize I am dumping my delicious soup down the drain. It’s simple, quick and delicious. It is the perfect meal to warm up with on a chilly Fall day!
- 12-14 garden fresh tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tsp pepper
- Dice tomatoes in half and place on cookie sheet
- Broil in oven for about 5 minutes. I broil on high.
- In the meantime in a large pot sauté onions and garlic in oil for about 5-7 minutes (I use coconut oil)
- Once tomatoes are done broiling place carefully in pot with sauteed onions and garlic
- Add in chicken broth and 2 Tbsp honey
- Bring to a boil
- Boil for 15 minutes
- Carefully pour everything into a blender
- Blend for about five minutes. I use my Ninja on level 3 (or on high) it works GREAT.
- Place previously used pot in sink and using a strainer strain soup from blender into pot. This removes any seeds or skins making the texture much smoother.
- Place pot back on stove and stir in basil and pepper
Enjoy with a delicious grilled cheese!
We love enjoying ours on our back patio watching football. Yum!
Did you make this on Instagram tag @mbenton22 #plantpraypick
My Amazon picks.
Click on photo to view on Amazon.