If these sugar cookies don’t get you on the nice list I don’t know what will! I can’t stop eating them. I need Santa to come already and get them out of my house.
There are a few things about this recipe that make it THE BEST! First, you don’t have to chill the dough. Second, it makes a reasonable amount of cookies, roughly 30. This way you aren’t stuck cutting out hundreds of cookies and then having to spend the next few hours decorating them alone because the kids got board. It makes the perfect amount. Third, they hold their shape perfectly! No weird shaped gingerbread men. Lastly, they are the most DELICIOUS cookie you will eat ever!
To top these perfect cookies off make my Royal Icing. It’s with everyday ingredients and ices perfectly. It dries enough so you can stack your cookies and not ruin the decorating job but, doesn’t dry rock hard and ruin your cookie. Click here for the perfect Royal Icing recipe.
Once the dough is mixed it may look like the picture below and be a little crumbly, that’s ok. Roll it out onto a floured surface. Roll out until smooth and about 1/4 inch thick.
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large mixing bowl cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar. This takes about 5 minutes. It should be nice and smooth.
- Add in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract. Add in egg mix for about 15 seconds.
- In a separate bowl mix 3 cups of flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and a dash of salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. While mixing you may need to scrape down the sides to get it fully mixed. Mine starts out very crumbly then I scrape down the sides and mix. Repeating this until mixed.
- This dough does NOT need to be refrigerated. Roll dough out onto floured surface. Roll to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Prep baking sheet with parchment paper. This keeps the edges of the cookies from browning. Cut out cookies with desired shapes.
- Place cut out cookies on prepped baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes. They will stay light on top so don’t over bake! Let cool for about 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Enjoy! Top cookies once cooled with my homemade Royal Icing. It’s super easy and delicious! Click here for recipe!
Let me know you made this on Instagram by tagging me @plantpraypick
My Amazon picks:
6 thoughts on “|Cut Out Sugar Cookies|”