Healthy dinner option? Healthy appetizer option? It’s both! It makes the perfect dinner and the perfect appetizer. It’s so super easy to make and super delicious! Make my homemade hoisin sauce to go with it.
For dinner just add rice as a side and you have a complete meal! It takes less than 30 minutes to make and it’s something the whole family can enjoy!
Take it up a notch with my homemade hoisin sauce. It has all really simple ingredients and you can make it as spicy or as sweet as you would like to.
*If you choose to make the hoisin sauce make it in a tupperware that has a tight fitting lid so you can shake it up really well. It makes it much easier and then doubles as as a storage container to keep it in your fridge.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! I love nothing more than to hear from you and to see my recipes in your kitchens!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (homemade option below)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked rice (optional)
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or black bean paste, if you have it
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha or 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1 Tbsp olive oil and heat in pan on stove top. Sauté onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in ground chicken and cook until almost fully cooked.
- Add in 1 cup chopped water chestnuts, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp pepper and a 1/2 tsp sesame oil.
- Stir and cook for a few more minutes. Add in hoisin sauce. *if you are making the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients together in a container with a lid. Stir with a fork first then place lid on. Shake well for about 2 minutes or until fully mixed*
- Option here to add in 1 cup cooked rice. I like to add it in to make it a little more filling.
- Stir again to fully mix. Serve on lettuce for lettuce wraps or on rice. If you are making this as an app pair it with my Cucumber Cottage Cheese appetizer. Click here for recipe.
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick