I am pretty much sold on any “one pot” meal. This Creamy Ranch Chicken seals the deal because the leftovers are just as good the second and third time. There is plenty of sauce to keep the chicken from drying out. Make some pasta and top it with this chicken and sauce and you have a whole meal the entire family will most definitely love. It is a win for you and a win for them. My husband is pretty much game for anything that involves ranch, and this dinner is no different. I promise it will deliver everything you are hoping for.
My favorite “one pot” meals: Vegetable Tortellini Soup and Chicken Parm Pasta.
My main goal is to bring families back to the kitchen table enjoying homemade meals. I don’t want it to feel overwhelming or like it has to be these extravagant meals that use every dish that you own.
Doable family meals: Sloppy Joe Pasta Casserole and Thai Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
I also make my own Ranch Seasoning. It doesn’t have all the additives like the one sold in stores, and it is incredibly easy to throw together. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container.
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasonoing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can Cheddar soup or Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in large pan over medium heat
- Once oil is hot place chicken in and sprinkle 1 tsp Italian seasoning on chicken, flip chicken and sprinkle 1 tsp Italian seasoning on opposite side.
- Place lid on pan and let cook for 4 or 5 minutes and then flip chicken and let cook an additional 4 or 5 minutes or until chicken reaches a temp of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate and set aside.
- Using your same pan, add in 1 can cheddar soup, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 3 Tbsp ranch seasoning. Stir until ingredients are incorporated.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Place chicken back in pan and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
You can switch out greek yogurt for sour cream. I just always have greek yogurt on hand that is why I use it, but sour cream is a perfect swap. You also can switch out cream of cheddar soup for cream of chicken or cream of mushroom.
If your chicken is thick you will want to cut it down so that it cooks evenly. I like to cut it in half hamburger style so that way it cooks quicker evenly.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other Recipe Ideas
Thai Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
My Amazon picks:
Click on photo to view on Amazon.
One thought on “Creamy Ranch Chicken”