This is one of the only recipes where you kinda, sorta, not really, but maybe a little burn your dinner on purpose. What makes this meal so good is it makes really great leftovers to use on a salad or with rice on the side. There are lots of ways to enjoy this chicken beyond the night you make it for dinner.
I love this because you make your own “blackened seasoning” and you can tweak it for how you like it best. Lots of wiggle room.
Let me know you made this by leaving a comment or tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love nothing more than hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup avocado oil divided 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Cast iron skillet
- Slice chicken breast long ways into about 3 or 4 strips. This helps it cook more evenly and makes it easier to season.
- In cast iron skillet pour in 1/4 cup avocado oil. Turn stove to medium/medium high. Let the oil heat up for about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 Tbsp chili powder, 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning, 1 Tbsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder and 1/4 cup avocado oil. Mix together.
- Spoon seasoning mix onto one side of each strip of chicken. About a half Tbsp each strip.
- Carefully place the chicken, seasoned side down, on to the hot iron skillet.
- Place seasoning on the remaining top side of the chicken.
- Cover with foil and let cook for about 5 minutes. Carefully remove foil and flip chicken and let cook about an additional 5 minutes or until center of chicken is 165 degrees.
- Enjoy! Pair it with my Stove Top Asparagus or my Homemade Sweet Potato Fries.
Let me know you made this by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick