I was stuck in a dinner rut and this recipe helped pull me out of it. I think this recipe just made it to my new lists of favorites too. It’s so darn easy to make and you only dirty one pot. What’s better than that?
I’m not sure we need more reasons to love pasta but this recipe will give you one. It has so much flavor. It’s perfect for busy week nights, meal trains and anyone who loves a good home cooked meal.
I use my dutch oven for this recipe because any excuse to use it I will take. You can use any large pot that you have that as a lid though.
Ok I just learned this tip! Cut your chicken up using scissors. Like what? Mind blown! It makes it so easy. I’m not sure if I’m alone in this but I absolutely hate dicing up chicken. Using scissors so so easy and so genius I wish I had known this years ago!
If you only have a 24oz jar of spaghetti sauce that’s ok. Just add in one extra cup of chicken broth. Also if you need to make their dairy free just leave the cheese off at the end. It’s still super delicious!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment, share on Instagram or tag me! I love love love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
One Pot chicken Parm Pasta
- 2 medium size chicken breasts, diced *see above for an easy tip on how to dice your chicken*
- 4 cups uncooked penne style pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 32oz jar spaghetti sauce *see substitute above if you only have a 24oz can*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion salt
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Roughly 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Place 1 Tbsp of olive oil in Dutch oven (or pot) over medium heat. Add in diced chicken. *see tip above for the easiest way to dice your chicken*
- Add in 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 2 tsp onion salt, 1 tsp garlic powder and roughly 1/2 tsp pepper. Give it a good stir to fully coat chicken. Cook until chicken is just about done cooking.
- Add in 3 cups chicken broth, 1 32oz jar of spaghetti sauce and 4 cups uncooked pasta. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes (or until noodles are done cooking). Be sure to stir about every minute or so. You don’t want your chicken or pasta sticking to the bottom.
- Once noodles are fully cooked add in 2 cups Mexican blend cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir so everything is mixed well together and cheese is completely melted.
- Pair it with my Homemade French Bread or Homemade Dinner Rolls for the best complete meal!