Not many crockpots speak a season but chicken noodle soup does. It has cold weather written all over it. Chicken noodle soup to me is ALL ABOUT THE BROTH! Sorry to yell at your eyes but it’s true. Too little broth, too much broth, too salty, not salty enough… ok you get the point. There is a secret to your broth turning out just right…
Here’s the big secret… COOK YOUR NOODLES SEPARATE! This keeps your soup actually having a good amount of broth and keeps your noodles from turning mushy.
Cooking your noodles, then adding them to the crockpot and letting them sit in the crockpot with the soup for about 15 minutes makes this the best recipe! Also, if you HATE shredding chicken like me? Place cooked chicken breasts in kitchen aid turn on for only 10 seconds and BAM shredded chicken!
Pair this soup with my homemade French bread to make it that much more delicious. I mean can you go wrong with homemade soup and bread? Click here for my French bread recipe.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 3 heaping cups chopped carrots
- 3 heaping cups chopped celery
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder or half chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2- 1 tsp salt (depending on how salty you like it. I use almost a tsp)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 cups noodles reserved for cooking separately
- Place 3 frozen chicken breasts, 3 cups chopped carrots, 3 cups chopped celery, 6 cups chicken broth, 1 cup water, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2-1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp thyme into crockpot.
- Turn on low for 6 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- A half hour before serving cook 1 1/2 cups noodles on stove top.
- Take chicken breast out and shred. The easiest way to shred is in a kitchen aid for only 10 seconds!
- Strain cooked noodles and place in crockpot along with shredded chicken.
- Give it a good stir and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with my homemade French bread.
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick