Dutch Oven Chili
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
This Dutch Oven Chili has to be one of the tastiest chili’s I have ever had! It is full of flavor and all made in one pot. Simple and delicious is my love language.
With this crazy blizzard that has recently moved in and taken over, having warm comfort food is what I am talking about. Today I made a snow angle for the first time in years. Now that I am back inside and trying to thaw out this chili is what I am talking about. Delicious and full of flavor! Plus, so easy to make.
I love pulling out my dutch oven. Not only is it so adorable but I just love cooking with it for some reason. Everything seems to taste better in it!
This Dutch Oven Chili is guaranteed to warm you up from the inside out. It is such a simple way to make a tasty dinner without spending hours in the kitchen. It has been a hit in our house and a go to meal for when we have guests over. This recipe makes a big pot! It makes awesome leftovers or perfect for a large group.
The best part is that this chili is not a total gut bomb like so many can be. After trying many chili recipes, I believe, I have finally nailed down the perfect one. But, what is chili without the perfect bread recipe? This bread really is THE BEST! French bread from the store is awesome, but it has nothing on homemade French Bread! I know, I know, usually corn bread is the choice of bread with chili, but once you try this you will not be going back to it. It takes hardly any time to make and is really the icing on the cake with this Dutch Oven Chili. Click here for this amazing French Bread recipe!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment. I love seeing my recipes in your kitchens. It brings me so much joy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Half a green pepper diced
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans
- 1 15oz can white beans
- 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes (if I have canned tomatoes from my garden I use that which really makes this even better)
- 1 4oz can green chili’s
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp avocado oil ( for sautéing green peppers)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up Dutch Oven on stove top with 2 Tbsp of avocado oil on medium heat.
- Add in diced green pepper and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place raw ground beef into Dutch Oven cook all the way through.
- Once ground beef is cooked pour out the grease. Our ground beef is from a local farmer so there is never much grease. I usually just soak up the grease with a paper towel.
- Now add in beans, diced tomatoes, green chili’s, chicken broth, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano.
- Give it a good stir!
- Set to medium low heat and place lid on Dutch Oven. It should be barely boiling.
- Let it cook for 1 hour. Checking every so often to stir.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and the delicious French Bread!
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick
My Amazon Pick