If summer was a cookie it would be this one right here. It’s like bringing summer into your kitchen and your belly. Who doesn’t love melted chocolate with gooey marshmallows and the sweet flavor of a cookie.
These gooey cookies are exactly what every summer gathering needs. I made them recently for a BBQ and they were almost all gone before we even ate dinner. It’s hard to stop at just one.
When you are scooping the dough onto your cookie sheet be sure that the marshmallows are on the inside of each scoop. Otherwise any marshmallows that are exposed will completely melt and crystallize. Once you have cooked the cookies for 8 minutes and topped each cookie with additional marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers make sure you don’t over cook them. You want the chocolate to just have started to melt and your marshmallows still intact.
You can make these cookies ahead of time and either throw in the freezer in a freezer bag or they will last out on your counter for up to a week. If you freeze them keep them on the cookie sheet on the parchment paper and place them in the freezer for about an hour so the chocolate can harden. Otherwise you will have a gooey mess if you don’t do this. Once you are ready to enjoy them be sure to let them thaw out on the counter for a few hours. I will be making these ahead of time this year for the Fourth of July!
If you’re in the mood for baking some sweet treats try out some of my other recipes!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 1 stick of softened butter, not melted, this is very important
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup broken up graham cracker, plus a little extra for topping
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, plus extras for topping
- 2 Hershey bars broken up
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep baking sheet with a nonstick mat or parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, cream 1 stick softened butter, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar. This can take a couple minutes to get it nice and creamy.
- Once sugars and butter are creamed add in 1 tsp vanilla and 2 eggs, mix only until the eggs are incorporated about 10 to 15 seconds
- Add in 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix again until incorporated. The dough won’t be one solid ball and that is ok.
- Carefully mix in 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup crushed graham cracker and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Taking about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time and rolling into a ball between your hands. Place on prepped baking sheet. Placing about 2 to 3 inches apart. *Make sure the marshmallows are rolled into the inside of the dough. Any marshmallows that are exposed will melt and crystallize.*
- Bake for 8 minutes then pull out of oven. Press two to three marshmallows, two pieces of broken chocolate and two pieces of broken graham cracker onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake for an additional 2 minutes. You want them to come out nice and soft. If you over bake them at this point your marshmallows will melt completely. Let them cool on pan about 10 minutes. Of course help yourself to one while they are still warm!
- I typically get about 20 cookies from this recipe.