They are like a decked out, crispy French fry. These Loaded Potato Skins are perfect amount of crispy with the best flavor. There are only four ingredients keeping it nice and simple. They make the best appetizer or side dish. Dipped in some sour cream, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I love how easy they are to make. They are a guaranteed hit at any party. I use my homemade ranch seasoning; it is the key to making these the best!
More easy appetizers: Ranch Cheese Ball, Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip and Turkey and Cheese Pull Apart Sliders.
My homemade Ranch Seasoning: Mix it together in a bowl or mason jar and give it a good stir. Store with lid with other spices.
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 large red or russet potatoes
- non stick spray
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 3 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Slice potatoes long ways. Cut them about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Place on prepped baking sheet and spray the potatoes with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. While potatoes are baking mix together 2 cups shredded cheese, 3 Tbsp ranch seasoning and 1 tsp parsley.
- Remove potatoes from oven and flip them. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese mixture.
- Place back in oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Dip in sour cream or Greek yogurt. Best served warm.
Make sure your potato skins are a little crispy before you add the cheese. I love using cooking spray to spray the potato skins before cooking but you can always brush them with olive oil instead.
Be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick anytime you make one of my recipes. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. My goal is to bring us back to our kitchens and families back to the dinner table together.
Other Recipe Ideas
Thia Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
My Amazon Picks.
Click photo to view on Amazon.