Black Bean Burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Missing summer? Me too. These black bean burgers bring a little bit of summer back into your kitchen.
The best thing about these burgers is they keep it nice and simple with ingredients you always have. They are always our back up on nights I don’t feel like cooking. If you are up for baking you can make my homemade hamburger buns to pair them with. Click here for recipe.
Tonight for us we are just keeping them real and simple and having lettuce buns. I hope you enjoy the simplicity of these burgers as much as I do.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! I love hearing from you! It truly brings me joy!
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I just break up a piece of my homemade bread, click here for recipe)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain 2 cans of black beans and place in bowl.
- Add in 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 egg, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and salt and pepper.
- With hands mix together ingredients, while also smashing the beans. Mash together for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Form them into patty shape. Depending on how big you make them it will make between 4 and 6 patties.
- Spray pan with a generous amount of non cook cooking spray and heat over medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place patties on prepped pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the bottom is nice and cooked. Don’t flip too early. You want the bottom nice and cooked helping it stay together.
- Flip and press down on the patty to flatten a bit. Then let cook for an additional 5 or so minutes. You want them to be a little crisp on the outside to hold them together, but not burnt.
- Top with cheese if you choose and all your other favorite burger toppings! You can make my homemade hamburger buns to go with them! Click here for recipe!
Let me know you made these by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick