Anyone else need at least one or two sides to go along with their main course for dinner? Tell me I’m not alone. I always like to have at least one vegetable with dinner. My husband thinks I’m weird for needing sides, but I can’t help it.
I love this asparagus on the stove top but it is also so good on the barbecue!! Same ingredients just place on a make shift aluminum foil plate and cook on the barbecue. SO GOOD. But, since it’s winter here the stove top will just have to do!
Be sure to only cook for 8 minutes otherwise it will become too soft and mushy.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! It makes me so happy to hear from you and see my recipes in your kitchens!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in medium size pan on your stove top over medium to medium high heat.
- Once the butter has melted place 1 tsp garlic powder in pan and stir.
- Place asparagus in pan and using a fork stir around to fully coat it.
- Let cook for about 2 minutes and then stir around again.
- Cook for another 4 minutes and then give another stir.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Your fork should be able to pierce the asparagus with little force.
- Enjoy! Pair with my homemade Black Bean Burgers for the perfect dinner!
Let me know you made these by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick