Rhubarb represents the beginning of summer to me. Hot days, warm nights and a rhubarb dish on the table. I know these muffins will be sure to hit your table more than a time or two once you try them! They are big and fluffy with just the right amount of tart and sweet and taste like summer!
Enjoy these muffins for breakfast or as a dessert. I made these cute muffin tin liners with just parchment paper I had. They are really easy and, in my opinion, make the muffins a little more fun.
If you need this recipe to be dairy free you can sub out the butter in the batter for an oil of your choice. For the Greek yogurt you can substitute it out for any dairy free yogurt. For the crumble topping you can just mix cinnamon, brown sugar and white sugar together and sprinkle on top of the muffins. I haven’t tried subbing out the butter in the crumble topping for something dairy free but you definitely can try something different. If you do be sure to leave a comment on how it goes and what you used!
Make sure that your rhubarb is diced not just chopped. You want the pieces to be fairly small. Because rhubarb is more tart you don’t want to be biting into big chunks of rhubarb in your muffins!
If you love these muffins then I know you will love some of my other recipes! Here are a few more favorites!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Crumble Muffins
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love nothing more than hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 stick of butter, melted and slightly cooled (8 Tbsps)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 6 Tbsps melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line your muffin pan with liners or non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together 2 cups of white flour, 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and a dash of salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 stick of melted butter, 2 eggs and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until fully incorporated. Then add 1 1/4 cup diced rhubarb.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin pan.
- For crumble topping mix 6 Tbsp melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup white sugar and a 1/2 cup white flour. Make sure all the ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Take crumble topping and using your fingers crumble it on top of each muffin. Lightly press the crumble down.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
One thought on “Rhubarb Crumble Muffins”