With the New Year here, thank goodness, I have been trying out some new healthy recipes. If I don’t plan ahead I won’t eat healthy. I need easy grab and go snacks that aren’t full of sugar. Plus, I love something easy to feed my kiddo.
These apple cinnamon breakfast cookies are exactly what you need in your life. They have no refined sugar, no dairy and are still delicious. They make the perfect on the go breakfast or easy snack.
Bonus is my little one and hubby love them! Try them out and let me know what you think!
Make sure your Apple is FINELY chopped. The first time I made these I cut my apple to big and they didn’t turn out. See photo below!
- 1 cup dry oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oat milk (or milk of your choice) click here for my easy oat milk recipe!
- 3/4 cup FINELY chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl mix 1 cup oats, 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In a separate larger bowl mix 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup honey and 1/3 cup oat milk. Click here for my oat milk recipe!
- Mix for about 20 to 30 seconds, until fully mixed.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to wet and mix fully.
- Add in 3/4 cup FINELY chopped apple. Mix for about 10 seconds.
- Scoop batter onto prepped baking sheet. Each one is about 2 tablespoons making about 14 total cookies.
- Lightly press down each one to flatten out just a bit. Otherwise they will be too dense.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
Let me know you made these by tagging my on Instagram @plantprapick