Hot Chocolate Puppy Chow is just a fun little twist on the traditional recipe. I love taking any traditional recipe and putting a festive twist on it. I can’t just make this and have it around at my house because I have no self-control and just keep eating it, it is so good! This recipe calls for my homemade hot chocolate, click here for recipe. My hot chocolate recipe only has three ingredients in it and is super easy to make! Perfect to add in with your holiday cookies or for a treat to bring to a party that requires no baking.
You can sub out the peanut butter for any nut butter that you prefer. You also can sub out the coconut oil for any oil that you have. I have tried using butter instead of coconut oil and I wouldn’t recommend it. It doesn’t get it to quite the right consistency, in my opinion. In this recipe I also use my homemade hot chocolate recipe, click here for recipe, but you can definitely use hot chocolate from the store.
Be sure that your stovetop is on low heat. the chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil melt fairly quickly and if your heat is too high you will burn your chocolate, and nobody wants that.
Peppermint Chocolate Salted Pretzels
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 9 cups Chex Mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix, click here for my homemade hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Pour 9 cups of Chex Mix into a large bowl and set aside.
- Over low heat melt 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/3 cup coconut oil, stirring continuously.
- Once it is all melted together, remove from heat and add in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over your Chex Mix, stir it until all the Chex Mix is coated in chocolate.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix.
- Pour your powdered sugar/ hot chocolate mix over your chocolate coated Chex mix.
- Add in 1 cup of marshmallows and stir it all together.
My Amazon picks: