The smell of cookies filling your house, while Christmas music plays, while sipping your favorite holiday drink, just sounds perfect.
I love how pretty these cookies look. The contrast of the dark brown and the bright white. What I love more about these cookies is how delicious they are. They are the perfect mix of chocolate and peppermint.
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups white flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream 1 stick of butter and 2/3 cup sugar. This takes about 5 minutes. Start on low until mixed. Work your way up to a high speed. Mix until smooth.
- Add in 1 egg at a time, 4 eggs total. Add in 2 tsp peppermint. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 cups of flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and a dash of salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix fully. The batter should be moist and a little sticky.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Prep baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Taking about a Tbsp at a time of batter roll into balls. Makes about 28 cookies.
- Roll each ball generously in powdered sugar. Really coat it!
- Place on prepped baking sheet. And bake for 10-12 minutes. I bake mine for 11 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for about 15 minutes. Of course just sneaking one while they are warm!
- Enjoy with my Homemade Hot Cocoa!
Let me know you made these by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick