The smell of cookies filling your house, while Christmas music plays, while sipping your favorite holiday drink, just sounds perfect.
I love how pretty these cookies look. The contrast of the dark brown and the bright white. What I love more about these cookies is how delicious they are. They are the perfect mix of chocolate and peppermint.
Get into the Christmas spirit and get these cookies into your oven and then into your belly! These pair perfect with my Homemade Hot Cocoa. Click here for recipe!
Peppermint Chocolate Salted Pretzels
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups white flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream 1 stick of butter and 2/3 cup sugar. This takes about 5 minutes. Start on low until mixed. Work your way up to a high speed. Mix until smooth.
- Add in 1 egg at a time, 4 eggs total. Add in 2 tsp peppermint. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 cups of flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and a dash of salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix fully. The batter should be moist and a little sticky.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Prep baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Taking about a Tbsp at a time of batter roll into balls. Makes about 28 cookies.
- Roll each ball generously in powdered sugar. Really coat it!
- Place on prepped baking sheet. And bake for 10-12 minutes. I bake mine for 11 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for about 15 minutes. Of course just sneaking one while they are warm!
- Enjoy with my Homemade Hot Cocoa!
My Amazon picks:
2 thoughts on “|Peppermint Crackle Cookies|”