These muffins are a great, guilt free, delicious snack. They are something I feel great about feeding my family and myself. They have no refined sugar and are dairy free. They are a great way to use up your browning bananas on your counter.
I know traditionally people save banana bread/muffins for the Fall but these guys are just too good to leave to enjoy for only one season. These muffins also call for oat milk. If you don’t have any no worries! I have a super easy recipe that takes about 3 minutes to make (click here for oat milk recipe) Otherwise, you can use a milk of your choice!
A little trick to getting your muffins not to stick is just spraying only the bottom of each cup of the muffin tin. Not coating the full muffin tin. Just one little spray into each cup does the trick.
Let me know you made these by leaving a comment! I love nothing more than hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens. It honestly brings me so much joy!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats (a little extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin tin with non stick spray. (Read above to see my trick to get them not to stick)
- In large mixing bowl mix 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- Add in ripe 3 bananas and mix for about 30 seconds. Until just fully mixed.
- In separate bowl mix 1/3 cup avocado oil, 1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup oat milk, 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix fully for about 20 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepped muffin pan. Option to top with oats.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. I bake mine for 20 minutes.
Let me know you made these by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick