This icing is BOMB! It hardens just enough so your hard work decorating doesn’t go to waste but it stays soft enough to keep your cookies delicious! If you need the best cut out cookies recipe click here. I promise you won’t regret it one bit!
I couldn’t find a recipe that used ingredients I had, that also looked pretty and tasted yummy. That’s why I have come up with this simple little recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- In mixing bowl add in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Add in 1 tsp vanilla.
- In a small separate bowl mix 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup and 2 Tbsp warm water.
- Add water mix to powder sugar and fully mix. Taking about 45 seconds to mix.
- Icing should drip off mixer easily. If it’s too thick add just a little water. If it’s too thin add just a little powder sugar. It should be a little runnier.
- Add desired food coloring and get to decorating. This icing decorates about 25-30 cut out cookies. Try my cut out cookies. No chilling and hold the perfect shape!
Let me know you made this on Instagram by tagging me @plantpraypick