Is it even Christmas time if everything doesn’t have a little bit of peppermint in it? So why not add it to some whipped cream? Perfect for Christmas desserts, hot cocoa (click here for recipe) and hot buttered rum. I feel like it’s a Christmas essential to add peppermint to everything.
I love this recipe because it is SO EASY. Sorry to yell, but it really is. It’s basically fool proof and only takes a few minutes.
The key here is COLD whipping cream. It needs to be nice and chilled.
- 1 pint COLD heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons peppermint extract (give it a taste right as fluffy peaks begin to form and see if you need more peppermint
- Pour cold whipping cream in kitchen aid or in a bowl with hand mixer.
- Add in 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Once fluffy peaks start to form try your whip cream to see if you need more peppermint. I usually use 1.5 tsp peppermint extract.
- Whip until light and fluffy. Be careful not to over mix. If it gets lumpy you can add a little more cream and whip again
- Enjoy! We love it on top our hot cocoa. Click here for my homemade cocoa mix!
Let me know you made this by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick