Homemade Cream of Chicken
It seems as though every holiday meal calls of Cream of Something, am I right. After giving away our Cream of Chicken to some kids collecting cans of food for the food bank, I of course needed Cream of Chicken for a dinner that I was making for a friend.
I tried two different recipes and thought that they fell flat on taste. After a few tweaks I feel like this recipe is the best for flavor and easiest to make! It can easily be tweaked for Cream of Mushroom also!
Millhorn Milk is what really takes this recipe to the next level. It is a local farm here, who in my opinion, has the best milk. It’s extra creamy and easy to bake with.
For the “chicken broth” I just keep it simple with Chicken Bouillon. Feel free to use whatever chicken broth that you have. I just happen to always have this and it works perfect!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Pour 2 1/2 cups chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups of milk into sauce pan
- Bring to a light boil
- In the mean time mix 3/4 cup flour with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Slowly whisk in flour and seasoning mix. You want to whisk in slowly to avoid flour from lumping together. (if this does happen just remove from heat and whisk quickly to break up lumps)
- Whisk about 3 to 5 minutes until all flour is mixed in.
- Remove from heat and let thicken
- and ENJOY
Did you make this on Instagram tag @mbenton22 #plantpraypick