Squeezing in all the last of the pumpkin recipes before moving on to all the peppermint, Christmasy recipes. This one had to make it in before the switch though. The consistency of the bread with the cinnamon sugar topping and the cream cheese is everything your crisp fall days need!
You definitely can leave the cream cheese or the cinnamon topping out but if you want it to be the very best I would encourage you to include it!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice: mix these four spices together for your own pumpkin pie spice!
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick or leave a comment. I love love love seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see how to make your own above*
- 15oz pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil *you can sub coconut oil or applesauce*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8oz cream chesse
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar *I make it with almost 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep two bread loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate medium size bowl mix 3 eggs, 1 cup olive oil, 15oz pumpkin purée and 1 tsp vanilla. Add in 3 Tbsp cream cheese. It’s ok for the cream cheese to stay a little chunky. This is how you want it.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour pumpkin batter into both loaf pans. Making them as even as possible.
- There are two ways to top your batter with cream cheese. First option, slice into half inch chunks and place on top of both batters. Second option, place cream cheese in zip-lock bag and cut the corner off. Squeeze about 1 tsp size amounts of cream cheese throughout the bread batter. Do your best to split it evenly between both loaf pans.
- You can press some of the cream cheese into the batter if you wish.
- Top each loaf with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. I bake mine for 55 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in bread pans.