If the flavor of fall was in a cupcake it would be this one! It has embodied everything that fall is. With a buttercream frosting I’m not sure you can go wrong here. It is light and fluffy and everything your tastebuds have been missing.
Tip for frosting: I’m definitely not a fancy person when it comes to kitchen tools. But, I still love being able to make my frosting look beautiful on my cupcakes. To frost my cupcakes I actually just use a zip lock bag and fill it with frosting. Then cut the corner off and use it as a “pipping” bag. It’s not as perfect if you have the real thing but it does the job!
If you’re in the baking mood check out my delicious Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s been quoted as “better than Starbucks pumpkin bread.” Click here for recipe. Check it out and make the decision for yourself!
If you make these cupcakes be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love love love seeing my recipes in your kitchen!
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 stick of room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of room temperature butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl cream 1 stick butter and 2/3 cup sugar. This will take about 3 minutes to do.
- Once butter and sugar are creamed mix in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 and 2/3 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp all spice and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients to wet and then add in 3/4 cup apple cider. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepped pan. Filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking make your frosting. In stand mixer mix 2 sticks of butter and 2 cups powdered sugar. Start on slow until it’s fully mixed.
- Add in 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 and 1/2 Tbsp apple cider, 1 tsp all spice, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Mix together very well.
- Once cupcakes are done baking wait to top with your buttercream until they are completely cooled. If you put it on while the cupcakes are still warm it will melt your frosting and make a mess! *see my tip above for how to frost your cupcakes beautifully with the tools you have at home*
- Once your delicious frosting is on your cupcakes sprinkle with a little cinnamon and top with an apple slice! ENJOY!