I’m not sure how I lived so much of my life not knowing about overnight oats. One of my best friends brought them to work one day and I was HOOKED! You prep them the night before, maybe taking 5 minutes, then they are totally ready for you in the morning.
Mornings are crazy enough on their own let alone worrying about what to make for breakfast. Sometimes I will even make them for my lunch the next day. Busy with work? These are a great option. A busy mom? These are totally perfect for you! I love these because it’s ready for you, it’s a healthy choice and it’s so dang easy.
You do eat them cold, so at first that was a little strange. But I quickly got over that! I love topping mine with a half of a banana in the morning. You can even add a scoop of peanut butter or anything extra that you might love!
If you make these enjoy them be sure to leave a comment or like this recipe. I LOVE hearing from you all! It makes me so happy!
- 3/4 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp connamon
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup oat milk (click here for my homemade oat milk recipe)
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 banana
- Using a container that has a lid add in 3/4 cup oats, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp chia seeds, 1 cup oat milk. Make sure you use enough milk to over everything by about a 1/2 inch.
- Give a good stir. Add in 1/2 cup frozen fruit and give another stir.
- Place lid on container and place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning option to top with a half of a banana.
- Enjoy as breakfast or lunch!
Let me know you made these by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick