Banana Bread with Applesauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time 60-70 minutes
My husband likes bananas when they are mostly green. So once they start to brown into the freezer they go. I just counted and I have 15 bananas in my freezer. I guess making banana bread is WAY over due.
When making this banana bread I use my homemade applesauce. If you haven’t checked it our click here for recipe. Since I use my applesauce I don’t add cinnamon to my recipe. If you’re using plain applesauce I would recommend using a tsp of cinnamon. The applesauce is used to replace oil which makes me feel better about snacking on this bread. I love banana bread that has a stronger banana flavor, but my husband does not, that’s why I say between 3 and 4 bananas. Adjust to your liking. Adding a little brown sugar to the top gives it the PERFECT crunch. Now go fill your house with the sweet smell of banana bread!
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (if using plain applesauce)
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce (click here for my homemade applesauce)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 Tblsp to top bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp baking soda in large bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix bananas, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 brown sugar together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Don’t over mix.
- Spray 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 bread pan.
- Spoon mix into bread pan.
- Top batter with 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check at 60 minutes. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
Best served warm with butter.
This storage jar is so perfect for when you buy in bulk. It is really cute and holds so much!