I feel like you either love or hate green bean casserole. I personally love it; my husband totally hates traditional green bean casserole. I had him try my recipe and he actually liked it and went back for seconds! If you are someone who has never been a green bean casserole lover, I want to challenge you to give this one a try. I mean add cheese to anything and it makes it better, right? This dish is a great spin on your traditional green bean casserole.
This recipe calls for Greek yogurt but if that isn’t something that you have or like then you definitely can switch it out for sour cream. Greek yogurt is just something that we always have in our house and something that we enjoy. It also calls for breadcrumbs but you can switch that out for fried onions, crushed ritz crackers or even crushed lays potato chips.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @plantpraypick. I love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens.
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 8×11 baking dish.
- Over medium heat in a saucepan melt 2 Tbsp butter. Mix in 1 Tbsp flour and salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, add in 2 cans of green beans and 1 cup Greek yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Pour into prepped baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Then top with 1 cup bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until breadcrumbs start to lightly brown.