Say “I” if you always pick through your trail mix picking out what you like best… “I”. I’m totally guilty of this. My husband always says you don’t get to eat the trail mix if you are picking through it. Well, with this trail mix I can promise you that you won’t be picking through it any longer! It all is so delicious that you will be able to grab a handful with zero regrets.
The chocolate chips are optional but let’s be honest here, they aren’t actually optional. Every trail mix needs a little chocolate.
This is such an easy healthy snack that takes hardly any time to throw together and it’s so much more delicious than any store bought trail mix. Not to mention cheaper. I buy all my nuts in the bulk section at Winco. It is the cheapest way to buy them.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment! I love love love hearing from you and seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup coconut flakes or shreds
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together, but leaving out the 1/2 cup chocolate chips!
- Mix ingredients until fully mixed and coated.
- Place parchment paper on a rimmed backing sheet. Place your trail mix onto prepped backing sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then mix around and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool fully, about 1 and 1/2 hours. Once cooled mix in chocolate chips!
Let me know you made this by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick