Taking shredded chicken up a notch! Tacos? Taco bowl? Taco salad? I mean it’s pretty much the best no matter how you serve it.
Keeping it simple and with ingredients you actually have. I love keeping things easy but delicious! An added plus is this chicken makes great leftovers. Tacos one night and chicken rice bowl the next. A two for one? I’m in!
Keeping it even more simple with the crockpot doing all the work. Win win. This shredded chicken recipe has one key ingredient: BEEF BROTH. I know seems weird because well it’s chicken, but trust me. This is what makes it.
For quick easy shredding toss cooked chicken into kitchen aid mixer for about 10 seconds and BOOM it’s shredded! WAY easier than shredding with a fork!
- 3 frozen chicken breast
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Place chicken breast in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add in diced tomatoes, black beans, 3 Tbsp taco seasoning, 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning, 1/2 Tbsp lime juice and 1/4 cup beef broth.
- Turn slow cooker to low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4
- Once chicken is fully cooked remove and shred. For easy quick shredding toss chicken into kitchen aid for about 10 seconds.
- Place shredded chicken back into slow cooker and give a good stir
- Serve as chicken tacos, taco salad or over rice.
Let me know you made this by tagging me on Instagram @plantpraypick