Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 16-18 minutes
These muffins are Paleo and Whole30 with one small change. Sugar free and gluten free. Still delicious as any muffin and simple to make.
I know I am not the only one that feels fulfilled by CARBS! I could easily going crazy on some garlic bread or Costco muffins. Lets be honest, a life without carbs is no life at all. I have friends that do a “no carb diet”, you go girlfriend, but that is just not for me.
Over the years I have TRIED to make healthier choices. I still definitely indulge on not some not so healthy treats, but for my day to day life I try and be intentional about what I put in my body. Delicious things like breads and muffins have been hard for me to find an actual tasty substitute for. UNTIL THIS!
These muffins are not only satisfying but they are so tasty and actually a healthy choice. IMAGINE THAT. They are full of flavor and are the perfect size. You would never know that they have no added sugar and are made with almond flour. The muffins are not grainy, which I love.
They are perfect for an everyday treat or for packing lunches. When I make these I always add one to my husbands lunch. I try to always have these on hand because they are easy and delicious. They are Paleo and with one simple change are Whole30 approved. I have made these muffins a few different ways but after altering it to have no added sugar I honestly can say this way is my favorite way. I was inspired by my sister who was doing Whole30 in January to make these the tastiest and healthiest that they could be! Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 apple diced ( I use honeycrisp)
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup date paste (make your own here, only 2 ingredients)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (leave this out if on Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together 2 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 salt.
- Add in diced apple.
- In medium bowl mix 2 eggs, 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup date paste and 1 Tbsp vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- Spoon mix into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. I always have to bake for 18 minutes with my oven.
- Enjoy with coffee or for a snack! Best part is that you don’t have to feel guilty for eating these! I am enjoying one right now as I write this!
Did you make this on Instagram? Tag @mbenton22 and #plantpraypick. My Amazon Picks