Flavorful Crockpot Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 hours
The crockpot has made its appearance again! Who doesn’t love coming home from work and dinner is made! I love this recipe because of how easy it is and, added bonus, that it’s healthy. If you wanted to go over and above making your own meatballs would be the perfect touch. If you do make your own make sure to cook them separately instead of adding them to the crockpot. I use the meatballs from Costco. They are precooked and come frozen, it just makes this recipe that much easier. Since our crockpot doesn’t have an off season, this recipe is great all year round. Otherwise this is perfect for late summer and fall dinners. Either way, if you make it in the summer or winter you have to give this one a try!
- 1 whole Spaghetti Squash
- 1 can Spaghetti Sauce
- About 20 frozen Costco Meatballs
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Dash of Onion Powder
- Dash of Ground Red Pepper
- Cut spaghetti squash in half hamburger style (does anyone still say this) and remove seeds and guts
- Pour can of spaghetti sauce into bottom of crockpot
- Place meatballs on top of sauce
- Divide spices between two halves of spaghetti squash sprinkling them evenly
- Place spaghetti squash face down in crockpot
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If you like it to be more firm cook for about 4 hours or if you like the squash softer cook for the full time
- Once done, scrape out spaghetti squash into bowl and top with sauce and meatballs.
- Be careful the spaghetti squash will be very hot!
- We love to enjoy ours with garlic bread made from the best sandwich bread recipe from livinlovinfarmin
This is the BEST crockpot around.